myspace layout codes

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

All Guts Are Not Created Equal!

Well they're not! Especially gourd guts!
You can see in these pics that there was not a gourd pod for the seeds in the second gourd.
They were contained in a papery membrane and some loose in the gourd. Compare pics from earlier posts of the first gourd.
I much prefer the pod and so does my nose!!!



Here the insides of each gourd have been covered to make the gourd stronger.


Once I finish the first gourd I will start on the second.
I am doing a Sunflower theme for the first but I don't know yet what I will do on the second.


Pics of the finished gourd coming shortly.

3 comments:

Sharon Day said...

You have me on pins and needles. I love seeing how you go about your process. I would love to spend my day in the company of gourds.

Flora said...

Me too Linda!!! What kind of material do you line the gourd with, Apoxie Sculpt? I like the strength of it too!!
Blessings,Flora

Gourdqueen said...

Hi Flora! I use papier mache on the inside. Using apoxie on the inside would make it way too heavy.