myspace layout codes

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yesterday Was A Gourd Day!

Around here that means a Good Day!
I finally managed to get some Gourd work done. Some of you might remember the skeleton head I was working on a couple of months ago. He really was not going the way I wanted so he was pushed aside.
I pulled him back out, tore off the stupid hat I had made for him and made this one. Much better! The proportions of the gourd are giving me problems but I think I have it figured out now.
I also have a few other pieces in the works. A couple of totems, Santa ornaments and three others with hats.
I guess the next time you see them they will be completed.......I hope!

Yesterday also brought a box of coyote gourds from Kansas. The best gourds in the world are grown in Kansas and can be found on Ebay under Kgourd, she has some available now. My best friend Dianna grows them and I love digging in a box from her because she always has a surprise for me! My pups enjoy it too.
I am such a brat when it comes to gourds.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They all look good! Will go check out Kgourd :)

Sharon Day said...

I wanna come over and play! How fun! That was totally "gourd-eous"!

Lisa said...

This is why you are the QUEEN of gourds...I'm also liking the little sketches I see in the back ground. But you know what I like the best? The nostrils on all of your noses...LOL!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Busy busy & your EHAG Emporium giveaway piece is lovely as well!

CK (-:

Jorge de Rojas said...

That skelly is too cool! My what fun you will have with that big box of possibilities!